Donna popping in here to introduce our guest blogger! Meet my best friend, Alec! We’ve known each other 16 years, have been blogging about health & wellness well before influencing was a thing, and you probably recognize her from my Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekends! An NYC FORME girl, welcome Alec to the Busy Babe Blog!
It took me over thirty years, but I’m finally trying to truly transition into a healthy lifestyle by being more conscious about moving my body, the food I put in my body, and the products I put on my body. It doesn’t make sense to be concerned about one but not the other two. However, the third, beauty and skincare products free of harmful ingredients, is often overlooked or forgotten about. I bet as you go about your day you question, at least once, a healthier snack option or whether you honestly have a valid excuse to skip your workout. However, as you’re running through your morning routine, how often do you stop to consider the hundreds of ingredients that you are putting onto your skin through shampoo, cosmetics, body lotion, nail polish, and fake tanning products? Whether harmful or otherwise, these products are absorbed into our bodies.
The Food and Drug Administration isn’t looking out for you where skincare products are concerned. They currently only ban about eleven harmful ingredients from U.S. products. The European Union bans over a thousand.
Thankfully, clean products are having their moment in the spotlight! Donna shared her five must have summer beauty products with us last month which included many natural products to transform you into a golden goddess. Below I share my favorite clean beauty and skincare products that are fantastic for the summer months but can incorporated into your year-round routine seamlessly.
7 Clean Beauty Products You Need NOW:
- Tinted Moisturizer: I started using EVER’s DAYLIGHT tinted moisturizer over a year and a half ago, and I will never use another foundation, BB, or CC cream again! A pea-sized amount helps minimize the look of fine lines, primes, hydrates, and color corrects skin. It also has broad spectrum SPF 32. EVER follows the European standards for it’s skincare products, so they don’t include any of the harmful ingredients on the list of over a thousand banned overseas.
- Shampoo & Conditioner: Love Beauty & Planet makes delicious smelling shampoos and conditioners that are plant based and don’t include silicones, parabens, or dyes. They even package it in recycled bottles! My favorite is the shea butter and sandlewood purposeful hydration shampoo and conditioner. You can grab the set for under $15 at your local drugstore or on Amazon.
- Face Cleanser: Summer is usually when our social calendars pick up. The last thing we want to do after a late night out is spend time on an elaborate bedtime routine, but taking off makeup each night is the golden rule of skincare! The solution? EVER’s LUMINOUS nutrient rich cleansing balm. Rub a tiny amount onto your face and watch your makeup start to melt away. Wipe your skin off with a warm, damp washcloth and you’re good to go.
- Cleansing Water: For a morning routine to rival that quick bedtime routine, try EVER’s BEAUTY WATER. Pour a little onto a cotton ball and swirl over your face to remove dirt, oil, sweat, and leftover makeup. I love this product because it has added about ten minutes back into my morning routine compared to washing my face with a traditional cleanser and water.
- Deodorant: The worst part about summer is sweat, but thankfully there is Schmidt’s Natural Deodorant made without aluminum or artificial fragrances. These won’t break the bank either and can be ordered through Amazon. I personally love the rose & vanilla scented stick.
- Body Lotion: If you try one new product this summer it needs to be EVER’s award-winning LAVISH body butter. This product, made with superfruit antioxidant-rich complex and jojoba oil, works wonders on dry skin, stretch marks, eczema, sunburns and even mosquito bites!
- Lip Color: We get to rock our brightest lips from Memorial Day to Labor Day! I love Bert’s Bees 100% natural moisturizing lipstick available at drugstores and through Amazon. For even bolder shades, try EVER’s smooth sticks. I enjoy these because the color is buildable.
What clean beauty products have you incorporated into your routine? Share your favorites with us on social media and let us know if you try out any of the products listed above!